Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hunkering Down

This was supposed to be our first weekend away without the kids.  Aunt Julia and Uncle Adam were going to babysit while we went to our friends Elisa and Stephen's wedding on Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks.  We were so looking forward to celebrating with them.  Then Hurricane Sandy came and rained all over our parade.  Sadly, last night we made the decision to stay here and miss the wedding (and likelihood of being stuck in the Outer Banks due to flooding) in favor of making our own hurricane preparations before the storm gets here Monday morning (and by "hurricane preparations," I mean stocking up on wine and goldfish crackers). 
 
 
The upside is that we get to spend the weekend with our favorite little friends!  While shopping this afternoon, I popped into Ross and found these Mickey and Minnie Mouse PJs for $8 each! 
 
 
I wish I could convey the excitement these pajamas produced. 
Lucinda kept pointing at her shirt yelling "Minnie!  Minnie!  Minnie!" 
while Malcolm kept shouting "Hot Dog!" and dancing. 
That was $16 well spent.
 
We would have loved to celebrate with Elisa and Stephen tonight.
But if we can't be there, there's nowhere else we'd rather be than right here.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment