I've survived the first week of bedrest and it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be! I'm officially on leave from work and transitioned my cases to others at the firm. It was a bit odd to leave on such short - okay, zero - notice, but everyone's been great and very supportive, which has made this so much easier.
To pass the time, on the recommendation of several friends I've been reading The Hunger Games trilogy (thank god for my Kindle and instant book delivery!). I'm really enjoying the books, and they are making the time go by much faster. I've finished the first two books already and started the third today. Guess I'll need to find something else to read next week! I've also watched some movies and TV but so far I've avoided spending 10 hours a day zonked out in front of the TV, so I feel pretty good about that. I'm also proud of myself that I've avoided online shopping so far. With Christmas coming up, that won't last long....
We went back to the doctor today for a check of my cervix... Good news! It's holding strong at 2.5 cm. My doctors were really happy that there's been no more changes, so it looks like the bedrest is working. We'll go back the week after Thanksgiving to check it again. We got a quick peek at the babies today too. They are doing great, with their heads right next to each other like they're talking to each other!

No comments:
Post a Comment