Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

29 week growth scan

On Tuesday, at 29 weeks, we had our monthly growth scan. The babies are doing great! Frickle is estimated to be 2 lb. 9 oz. and Frack is a whopping 3 lbs. already. While there's a difference in the weights, our doctor says it's not that she is small, but that he is "a monster" for a twin. Since we're worried about them coming early, the bigger they are, the better they'll do, so this is great news. They were both very active during the scan, and we even got a peak at Frack's face - he's starting to get chubby cheeks already!

The less exciting news is that my cervix is back to measuring 1.5 cm this week. There's nothing more they can do about it beyond continuing bedrest. As our MFM explained, "it's just a number" and is not a totally accurate predictor of preterm delivery, and the babies will come when they come. Hopefully that's not for another 6 weeks or more, but we were assured again that babies born at this gestational age and later generally do very well, and the big scary prematurity risks - things like cerebal palsy and blindness - are behind us now. I haven't been having any regular contractions, and there's no sign of dilation, so that gives us even more reason to hope that I won't go into labor anytime soon.

I've now completed 9 WEEKS of bedrest. I have not left my house except to go to the doctor in over 2 months. Crazy! I haven't even been downstairs in 2 weeks, since my latest trip to Labor & Delivery. Over the past 9 weeks, I have read at least 7 or 8 books, watched countless movies and TV shows, and spent more money on Amazon.com than I care to discuss. It is going to be amazing to be up and moving again when this is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment