Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

L&D Trip #3

We spent a good chunk of Saturday afternoon at labor & delivery after I called the on-call doctor with a question. We found out that I'm 1 cm dialated, but that my cervix is back to measuring 2.5 cm long - it can't make up its mind! The on-call OB didn't seem concerned about the dilation. We have our weekly appointments with our MFM and OB tomorrow and will get their takes on it.

I'm still not having any regular contractions (so I'm not in preterm labor), and the babies are moving around like crazy and their heartrates looked great on the monitor (when Frack would stay on - he's a busy little boy with places to go - he doesn't have time to sit around and be monitored!). They did a quick growth scan too. L&D's ultrasound equipment is ancient compared to what we're used to from the MFM office, but it looks like both babies are now over 3 pounds, which is great. We'll get a more thorough growth scan on February 8th at our MFM appointment.

We're starting to countdown the final weeks now! Matt thinks we'll have Valentine's babies. As uncomfortable as I am (and I am VERY uncomfortable), I'm hoping they'll stay cooking at least a week after that, so they can get a little bigger and hopefully avoid any NICU time. Although now that the Steelers are in the Superbowl in 2 weeks, I think there's a pretty good chance that I'll go into labor right before kickoff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment