Our family and friends came over last Saturday
to celebrate Lucinda and Malcolm's third birthday farm-style!
Throughout the day as we were getting ready, Malcolm kept coming into the kitchen and sitting at the table staring at the cake and cupcakes.
He kept telling me "they look like animals, mama! that makes me laugh!" then he'd crack up. I'd tell him not to touch them, since they were for the birthday party and it wasn't time for the party yet. He was so good, and except for one stolen marshmallow, listened and waited patiently. But as soon as the first guests arrived, he came racing into the kitchen shouting "mama! it's party time! I can have a cupcake now!"
I was so proud of his patience, I just couldn't say no.
Lucinda loved the party hats!
She convinced daddy that he should wear a party hat too!
It turned out to be a beautiful day, so we got to spend a lot of
the party playing outside, including riding their new bikes!
After dinner we played pin the tail on the donkey,
which was a surprisingly big hit.
Lucinda spent a lot of time making sure her tails were lined up just right on the donkey...
Malcolm marched up in true Malcolm-fashion and
stuck the tail on the donkey's face.
Then someone pinned the tail on the Lucinda!
I was so impressed that they blew out their birthday candles all by themselves!
(I now see that I forgot to take down the banner from the Planes party earlier in the week)
Cake and ice cream was followed by the chaos of present opening. Sometime between Christmas and their birthday, Lucinda and Malcolm figured out the whole present thing. They were super into opening everything, and Lucinda insisted that anything wearable must be worn immediately, so she just kept piling it on as she went.
Grandma made super hero capes for them, and also made them for
mama and dada, so we can be a super family!
Taylor got swept up in the festive spirit, too!
We had so much fun celebrating our favorite three year olds with some of our favorite people! They were so tired that they fell asleep within seconds of getting in bed -- the sign of a good party!
Here are a few more pictures of the party decorations.

No comments:
Post a Comment