Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Happy Fourth Birthday!

Holy smokes am I behind on this blog!  Let's catch up, starting with the most exciting thing that's happened here in the past two months - Malcolm and Lucinda's fourth birthday!

Their birthday fell on a Thursday this year, and it turned out to be our last snow day of the year so we all got to spend the whole day together!  Such a fun unexpected treat.  

We started the day off with a little family breakfast party with donuts, candles, and a scavenger hunt to find their presents.  They are both obsessed with Paw Patrol, so they were over the moon to find all six pups, plus Ryder and their vehicles hidden around the house.





They also did this really hilarious dance most of the day, where they chanted "I'm four! I'm four! I'm really really four!" while twirling and hopping around like crazy people (or like four year olds; most days it's hard to tell the difference).


We spent the rest of the day playing inside and outside, sledding and shoveling snow, and enjoying our last snow day of the year.  Which also happened to be our snowiest day of the year.





On Friday they had their four year well check with the pediatrician.  I'm happy to report they are both healthy and growing right on track.  They each got four shots, and didn't cry or even whine.  They were total rock stars. So proud of them.

This was also the first year Lucinda got to wear the paper exam gown.  She wasn't totally sure about it, but she did like how it crinkled.  Malcolm just got to hang out in his underpants.  I guess boys don't need paper dresses?


They thought it was a hoot to be weighed and measured, and have their vision tested.  They're really into numbers and data points right now, so they really wanted to "know their numbers" and see how they compared.

  • At four years old, Malcolm is 41 inches tall (68%), weighs 42 lbs (89%) and his vision is 20/20.
  • At four years old, Lucinda is 38.75 inches tall (38%), weighs 34 lbs (42%) and her vision was measured at 20/30 (turns out it's worse than that - more on that later).  So she left with a referral to see the ophthalmologist for a full vision screening, but otherwise they were pronounced healthy and happy and we were sent on our way.

And what's a birthday without a party?!?  Both kids have made lots of friends in their preschool classes this year, so I knew we'd want to invite the kids from school to their birthday party. But there was no way I was hosting 20+ three and four year olds in our house when it was still freezing outside and the yard was off limits.  So this year we did their party at MyGym and it was a blast!  It was so easy - we just showed up with cupcakes and they did the rest.  The theme was Paw Patrol (of course) and the kids had so much fun!














No comments:

Post a Comment