Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

7w2d ultrasound



We had our second ultrasound today and are amazed by how much the babies have grown in just six days. They've doubled in size! Both are measuring right on track, with strong heartbeats (150 bpm). They're each about the size of two grains of rice now, and we can start to see separate parts - primarily the heads, hearts and the "tail" which will eventually go away (we hope!) as the lower body forms. Close up on the monitor, our doctor pointed out that they look a bit like little gummy bears. We "graduated" from the RE today and will see my OB next Wednesday for our first appointment!

4 comments:

  1. What's the white spot by each baby? It's really amazing to watch them grow. Just wait till they're both kicking you! What an experience. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting. I know you two will be wonderful parents and these babies will be beautiful. I can hardly wait for them to arrive. Love, Grandma M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad and I are thrilled! He's looking forward to being a Grandpa. Now we have two additional wonderful reasons to return to the U.S.! Love, Merna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for both of you.You will be wonderful parents and they are going to be beautiful babies. I am looking forward to watching the process and love the idea of this blog. And with twins there is always one for each parent or grandparent to hold-two babies-no waiting!!! I love you and can't wait to see you when you come back home. Take care of all of you and enjoy the process--it is truly exciting. Love you both Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete