We had our first appointment with my obstetrician, Dr. Lashgari, on Wednesday morning (8/18). This was a fairly short appointment - health history, "what to expect" sort of stuff, and a a quick ultrasound. Growth is right on track and both babies look great. We haven't scanned the U/S pictures yet, but they look pretty similar to the last set since it's only been a week.
She wants me to see the Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist along with the OB throughout the pregnancy, which is their standard practice with twins. Our next appointment is on September 16, when I will be just over 12 weeks. We'll see the MFM first for some screening tests, then a quick visit with the OB upstairs. We'll alternate between the two OBs in the practice, but the MFM will do most of the testing and monitoring, with the OB appointments being more "check-ins" until we get closer to the end.
As for me, I've been feeling much more sick over the past week, and am having a really hard time eating, or even smelling, any "real" food. I also continue to be totally exhausted. I went to bed at 6:30 on Saturday night and slept until almost 9 the next morning! Matt's been fabulous and has really stepped up to handle the cooking, cleaning, etc. while I've been out of commission.

Hopefully, you'll feel better and have more energy after the 1st trimester. You're good at listening to your body so just keep it up. Hope you're feeling better soon. Love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteHi guys, how exciting this is TWINS!! We will keep an eye on this blug for up to the minute updates. We are so happy for you both. We love you and would love to come visit when the babies arrive and your life gets as back to normal as it can be. Take care of all three of you, and Matt. Love you, Aunt Jodi and Uncle Don
ReplyDelete