Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Calco Come See Me!

Since we brought them home from the hospital more than 2 years ago, 
Malcolm and Lucinda's room has been set up generally like this:


On Saturday, we put them down for their nap.  About 10 minutes later, Lucinda started yelling "he took my choo choo!  he took my choo choo!"  I headed back to their room, expecting to see that he'd reached through the bars and grabbed one of the many trains she hoards in there with her while she sleeps.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to find Malcolm sitting next to Lucinda in Lucinda's crib.  

Yup, he'd climbed over the railing into his sister's bed.  As I put him back, I told him we don't climb, and asked him "where does Malcolm sleep?"  His response - "JuJu's bed!" (he calls Lucinda "JuJu").  We crossed our fingers and hoped it was a fluke.

This afternoon, I got an email from their nanny attaching this picture, 
taken over the video monitor at the end of today's naps:


Emmaline asked Malcolm how he got into his sister's bed.  
Malcolm: "I jumped!"  

Later, as I explained to him that we don't climb out of our beds because we can get hurt, I asked him why he climbed into his sister's bed.  Malcolm: "see JuJu!"  Lucinda: "Calco come see me!"  

Now their room is set up like this.


Let's hope it buys us some more time.  We're not ready to say good-bye to cribs quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment