I realize I haven't posted to the blog in a month (!!). It's ironic that the last post was about their new big kid beds, since they are largely to blame. We've always known we were lucky to have kids who were great sleepers. They went to bed easily and on their own. We'd read a story, put them in their cribs, say goodnight and walk out the door. 95% of the time, we wouldn't hear a peep from them again for 12 hours. And the naps. Did I mention the three hour naps they took EVERY day? Ahhh... the naps. Our lone respite in a day of crazy. How I miss those naps....
Yeah, that's all a thing of the past. Since switching to toddler beds, bedtime takes at least an hour every night and naps are a thing of the past (at least at home; they still nap at school for 2 hours, which just makes the whole non-napping thing even more infuriating on the weekends). Naptime is now wresting time, jumping time, tackling time, tickling time and chasing time.
We've made some progress on this, but for a while, at least one of them was sleeping on the floor instead of their bed. Oh, and Malcolm only sleeps through the night about 1/3 of the time now. We're tired. And while we used to have several hours of free time in the evenings after we put them in bed, that's now spent sitting in their doorway waiting for them to fall asleep and threatening them to stay in their beds.
I know at almost three it's not unusual to have bedtime and nap troubles, but I really hope we get back on track soon. Between the lack of naps, and the freezing weather we've been having, we're all about to lose it. Send wine.

No comments:
Post a Comment