Today we had our weekly NST, our monthly growth ultrasound, and our biweekly OB appointment. Both babies did great on the NST once again. And I have almost 9 pounds of baby in there already! Frickle is estimated to be 4 pounds (29th percentile), and Frack is around 4 pounds 11 oz (45th percentile). Nearly all of the difference is in their bellies - Frickle has a really small belly. Because of her belly measurements, they checked all of the bloodflow to/from her cord to make sure she's getting the nurtrition she needs to keep growing. Fortunately, they didn't find anything that makes them worried. The doctors just think she'll be a skinny baby, which is fine. It is, however, a bit unfortunate for me, since they are both still head down (meaning no c-section!), and she's set to come out first. It would be somewhat easier on me if the bigger twin came first, but as long as they both come out healthy, we'll be happy.
After all we've been through, it's amazing to me that we're now shooting for full term - 37 weeks - and it's only 4 weeks away. I'll stay on bedrest through the rest of February, unless they decide to make an appearance. I'm really going stir crazy now, but it will be worth it if we can take them home with us and avoid any time in the NICU. If they don't come on their own by 38 weeks, we'll induce.
I'm doing okay, but I'm getting extremely uncomfortable and restless. I can't sleep for more than a few hours at a time, which doesn't help matters. And after being up and about for the appointments today, I'm quite sore - my back hurts, my hips hurt, my feet hurt, my belly hurts... I just hurt. Everywhere. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage 4 or 5 more weeks of this if they decide to stay in there until full term!

No comments:
Post a Comment