35 weeks and we're still cookin' away.... My body is definitely getting ready for delivery - I'm 2-3 cm dilated, my cervix is "paper thin", and I'm having more contractions (nothing regular or timable yet though), but the babies look good and are showing no signs of distress on the NST and fluid check this morning, so we were sent home to wait it out another week, unless I go into labor on my own.
Today we got to ask our long list of questions about how delivery will go. If the babies seem to be tolerating contractions well, we'll try for a vaginal delivery rather than a c-section since both are head down. Either way, I'll deliver in the OR, and there will be 10+ doctors, nurses, etc. there. Quite the crowd, for a party where I wear no pants...
We're all ready at home and are now just anxious and excited for them to get here! The nursery is done, clothes are washed, diapers are stocked, car seats are installed... now we just need some babies!
I continue to be increasingly miserable, but the end is in sight. Today's good news is that I'm now free to move about a bit more if I want to, and can even go out to a store or a restaurant if I'm up for it. Of course, the irony is that the appointments wiped out the only energy I had and after lunch I promptly climbed right back into bed and haven't moved since....

No comments:
Post a Comment