Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Mimi and Poppy came to visit for Memorial Day weekend and we had a great time!







Every Memorial Day weekend since Matt and I met, we've gone to see the live radio broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion at Wolf Trap. We bring a picnic and sit on the lawn and kick off the summer. Back in November, when tickets went on sale, we ambitiously bought six (everyone, no matter how young, needs a ticket at Wolf Trap) and planned to bring the babies (knowing it might be a total disaster).




Well, it wasn't a total disaster. We'll call it 80% disaster, 10% success, and 10% bonus points for leaving early enough to beat all the cars out of the parking lot. Matt and I spent most of the show way off to the side of the lawn with a crying Lucinda, then a crying Malcolm, then two crying babies.



Oh well, at least we kept the tradition alive. It's bound to be easier next year, right?




Other than Prairie Home, we spent the weekend at home enjoying our time with Mimi and Poppy (this was Poppy's first time meeting the babies), grilling, and getting the yard ready for summer.







And we finally got some pictures of me with the babies (I take most of the pictures, so I'm hardly in any of them!)



No comments:

Post a Comment