Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Malcolm & Lucinda's New Playroom

Our big project over the last few weeks has been converting our home office into a playroom for Malcolm and Lucinda, and we finished it this weekend! 

I forgot to take real "before" pictures of the room as an office, but suffice it to say it was a hot mess.  We had never really tackled that room since we moved into the house and it was a hodgepodge of overflowing bookshelves, extra armchairs, a TV I'd had since 1995 (it had a built-in VHS player!), and miscellaneous other stuff that should have gone long ago.  After a lot of reorganizing and trips to Goodwill, we consolidated the office with our downstairs guest room, and created a pretty nice space.



But back to the playroom....  The room was beige, the carpet beige, the chair that was going in there was beige... you get the picture.  Here it is on Thursday afternoon:



We spent Friday night and Saturday morning giving it a fresh coat of sunny yellow paint, and then it was time to decorate.  I think I still want to find some stuff to hang on the walls, but it's pretty much done.  It looks SO different, and SO fun.  I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment