Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Deck the Halls

With Thanksgiving so late this year, Christmas is sneaking up on us quickly!  When we got back from Pittsburgh at the end of Thanksgiving weekend, we found a special friend waiting for us -- Apple the Elf was back!  And he brought a basket of wrapped Christmas books -- one for each night until Christmas!  They kids love choosing and opening a new book every night before bed.



We got the tree up, and they helped decorate it this year.  I wanted to get a real tree, but since I wanted to put it up on December 1 and we have visitors through the 30th, I was worried it wouldn't last long enough, so we went with our artificial tree again this year.  Maybe next year we'll get a real tree.








We also have a new advent calendar this year.  I bought it on Etsy, and then made cards for each day with activities for us to do as a family.  So far, it's been a big hit.


We changed things up and set up our tree upstairs this year.  The stockings are downstairs on the fireplace, but there's no tree down there.  So I got the kids a felt tree for their playroom and they got to decorate that one all by themselves.



I just love when the house is decorated for Christmas! 
We're going to bake cookies and see Santa this weekend!
Only a week and a half left of work until I'm off for the holidays (but who's counting...).

No comments:

Post a Comment