On New Year's Eve, we went to our friends' house up the street to celebrate at a toddler friendly hour with their daughter Mayim. Mayim is the same age as M&L and Lucinda was quite intrigued to learn that Mayim is now learning to use the potty.
As we walked home later that evening, I was explaining to her that it was the last night of the year and that tomorrow would be a new year. I told her that the start of a new year is a good time to try something new, and maybe her something new could be using the potty like Mayim. She said that sounded like a good idea, and she would try.
Well, wouldn't you know, she woke up the next morning and declared, "Daddy, I kept my pee pee in me all night so I could put it in the potty for the new year!" And then she marched over to the potty and went. And she hasn't looked back since. 10 days later, she's had only one true accident, and a couple "oops" when she didn't quite make it to the potty in time. She's been waking up dry in the morning and has been so unbelievably proud of herself. She's been using the potty like a champ at school, too, and even used it at MyGym last weekend!
Last night my baby girl went to bed in big girl underwear for the first time. And woke up dry. I'm so proud of her! And she's so proud of herself!
I promised her that when she uses the potty and wears underwear all the time, she'll get a big girl bed tha she can get into all by herself (they are still in cribs). I guess I need to start shopping.
{and for those wondering, Malcolm says he's not ready for potty training yet, so we're letting him take his time. She was so easy that I'm hoping if we wait until he really is ready, it will be just as easy with him. But for now, he's been a huge cheerleader for his sister, clapping and telling her that he's so proud of her.}


No comments:
Post a Comment