Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Big Kid Room

In early August, we decided it was nearing time to move the kids to twin beds.  We asked them a bunch of times whether they wanted to have their own rooms, but they were adamant that they wanted to stay together (Lucinda: "but who will I talk to at night?  I need my brother!" Malcolm: "I need to be with woo-cinda!").  So with that decided, we figured out how we could rearrange things to fit two twin beds in their room and ordered furniture.  I let them pick out their sheets and ordered them solid quilts to go with them. 
 
We didn't really have a plan for when we would make the switch, and it turned out that their quilts were backordered so we put it off for a bit. But they did so well in twin beds all week at the beach that we wanted to keep that momentum going and decided when we got home from vacation Saturday afternoon to just go for it (and it's still too hot for quilts anyway). 
 
After I waged an epic battle with the built-in system in their closet, we moved their dresser in there, took the cribs/toddler beds apart and put them in the attic, and set up their new furniture.  Matt had the great idea to turn the cube storage thing that had been in their closet on its side as a large nightstand/storage unit and that was just the thing we needed to pull the room together. 
 
 








Lucinda and Malcolm LOVE it. So much, in fact, that they asked to go to bed an hour early because they were so excited about their new beds. I call that a win!

Not a win is the guest room after I pulled everything out of their closet to accomplish this.


We got that taken care of on Sunday, though, and also moved a lot of the kids' toys out of our living room into their bedroom, which they love.  They spent so much time today playing nicely together in their room, making up games and being silly.  And, of course, making a mess.  But what's the point of having a big kid room if you can't make a mess of it?!?
 

UPDATE!
Their quilts are here!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment