Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Adventures in Babywearing

Lucinda likes to be held. A lot. This is hard, especially when I'm here alone with both babies. Enter the Moby wrap. My first effort to use it when they were about three weeks old was a total failure. All I got was one very fussy baby, and a carrier that didn't feel sturdy enough for me to trust it to hold the baby while leaving my arms free. It turns out I had the baby in backwards, much to Malcolm's dismay. Oops.

Kristi showed me this weekend how to properly get the baby into the wrap, and now Lucinda and I are pros. It is AMAZING. She'll cuddle right in and go to sleep for hours, and I can walk around, feed Malcolm, or do laundry all while holding her. As a bonus, we got it for half price on Craigslist from someone who couldn't figure out how to use it (it's one really long piece of fabric that you wrap all around yourself in a very particular way to create a baby carrier - thank god for online instructional videos).

She looks mighty sweet all snuggled up inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment