Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Santa's Apple Pie

For weeks leading up to Christmas, 
we'd ask Lucinda what Santa was going to bring her for Christmas.  
Every time, she gave the same answer: "Pie!"  
What kind of pie?  
"Apple pie!"  
I have no idea where this came from. 
I don't think she'd ever had apple pie before.  
But I knew I needed to make her an apple pie for Christmas.  

Here she is, very excited to eat her apple pie from Santa


As it turns out, Lucinda doesn't really like apple pie.  She would make the funniest face after every bite, but she begrudgingly went back for more, as if she knew that she'd been talking it up for so long, she just had to eat it.



Fortunately, Malcolm stepped in and ate his pie and most of hers, too.


Maybe next year she'll tell us Santa's changed his mind and is bringing cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment