Lilypie Birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Going for the Triple Crown

I love to watch horse racing, especially the Triple Crown races.  I love the stories of the horses, the jockeys, the owners and trainers.  There are so many stories that I can always find a few to love.  

This year, Malcolm and Lucinda have watched both the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness with me.  We've been cheering for Mylute this year -- I love that the jockey is a woman, and Lucinda loves that her name is Rosie.  So far, she's come in 5th in the Derby and 3rd in the Preakness, so I figured that meant she was on track to come in 1st in the Belmont Stakes in a couple weeks.  Sadly, I saw today that Mylute is going to skip the Belmont.  I guess we'll have to find a new story to root for!  

The best part of watching horse racing with the kids is that they insist on racing along on their Rody horses while the horses on TV run.  It is too cute!  They bounce so high and so fast and squeal in delight.  

Lucinda & Malcolm running the Kentucky Derby:



and ready to run The Preakness:

No comments:

Post a Comment