Last weekend we headed up to Pittsburgh to see Grandma & Pap and celebrate Taylor's first birthday!
Malcolm and Lucinda were excited to learn that the Easter Bunny had stopped by Grandma and Pap's house, too, but there hadn't been any kids around to find the eggs he'd hidden. They made short work of that, and were soon the proud owners of baskets full of goodies!
Then I drank some wine and Lucinda turned into a dinosaur.
On Saturday, we celebrated Taylor's first birthday.
Uncle Adam, Aunt Julia & Taylor moved back to Pittsburgh last week, and we miss them already, so we were so happy to be able to be there to celebrate her birthday! Lucinda was especially happy to wear her fancy spring dress and the new necklace Grandma gave her!
I had the pleasure of taking the "official" cake tasting pictures for Julia & Adam.
Turns out Taylor does not like cake (at least not yet)
Fortunately, her cousins do like cake :)
Even if she didn't love it, she sure looked sweet eating it!
And did I mention that her cousins like cake?
After the party, we went over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Julia's new (temporary) house and played outside to burn off all that sugar from the cake.
And when we got back to Grandma & Pap's, we burned off even more energy with a parachute and pogo jumpers!
I'd like to say they slept well that night, but Malcolm ended up in our bed at 1:30 and by 3 had spiked a very high fever, along with hallucinations and random shouting. Thankfully I had thrown a bottle of Children's Advil in our bag "just in case" and that brought it down. But we were up most of the night and after the long drive home on Sunday, we were all exhausted!

No comments:
Post a Comment